AGRICULTURAL IRRIGATION DESIGN & CONSULTANCY
WHOLE FARM PLANS
Onleys design efficient and economical Whole Farm Plans across the Goulburn Murray Irrigation District, with an emphasis on water use efficiency whilst maximising productivity gains. Using our combined experience of over 75 years in farm design, we work with the irrigator to develop a plan that best suits both their current agricultural pursuits, and a clear view on the farmers future direction. We can assist in your permit applications, as well as advise on current government grants and incentive schemes on offer.
Onleys have an experienced and highly regarded team of irrigation consultants. We provide advice to farmers on:
- Modernisation of irrigation infrastructure
- The rationalisation of irrigation assets
- Connection to major supply channels
- Pumping options and associated costs
- Government grants and incentive programs (i.e.; On Farm Efficiency Program)
- Flood & Spray Irrigation design
- Broad-acre & Horticulture
- Native Vegetation Assessments
IRRIGATION SURVEY & DESIGN
Our survey team uses the highly accurate GPS survey equipment and the latest modelling software to ensure our designs are of the highest accuracy and standard. Onleys have over 30 years of industry experience and knowledge in all areas of survey and design, including:
- Channels & dams
- Road crossings
- Pipe & Riser systems
We have surveyed, designed and project managed numerous community drainage schemes across the Goulburn Murray Irrigation District. This involves working closely with a group of landholders to achieve long term rural drainage solutions for the community.
The Community Drainage Program is vital for continued prosperity of the Goulburn and Murray irrigation district.
PADDOCK PLANS & DESIGN
Do you have a paddock plan? Onleys can turn your Whole Farm Plan into a laminated paddock plan, which would be perfect to hang in the dairy or the office. Paddock plans have multiple uses.
- Using a whiteboard marker, leave directions for relief milkers as to where to set up and put the cows after milking
- Plan your grazing rotations
- A3 versions are available, to hand out to contractors when spray and fertiliser is required in certain paddocks
- Quickly record audit data on the go, to transfer onto your audit forms at a later date.
- Highlight maintenance issues for staff.
Overall a laminated paddock plan could be a great planning tool for the day to day running of the farm. Starting at $500, contact Onleys if a laminated paddock plan can help your on farm communication and planning.
- Shepparton 3B-11P Community Drain (Now G-MW controlled) Designers for the Goulburn Murray Water Connections Project Murchison Toolamba – Community Drain
- River flow assessments for the Goulburn Broken Catchment Management Authority (Ovens River, Goulburn River)